Hotel Inventory Control Accountant Job in Kenya 2014
Job Title: Hotel Inventory Control Accountant
Job Description: The Inventory Control Accountant is primarily responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze inventory transactions, balances and financial information to properly reflect the value of inventory on the balance sheet and related transactions on the P&L as well as creating other inventory related analyses and reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end closing tasks that include, account analysis and reconciliations, accruals, journal entries and reporting
- Ensure proper supporting documentation, analysis and tie out of all account reconciliations.
- Analyze inventory cost variances and other accuracy issues impacting perpetual inventory records
- Develop a strong understanding of business, inventory flow and systems. Work cross functionally to research and resolve various issues impacting inventory accuracy or month-end close process
- Assist with preparation and support of external audits engagements
- Assist with planning, execution, reconciliation and reporting of physical counts.
- Be proactive in planning and executing to meet month-end close, financial reporting deadlines and other project timelines
- Ensure financial records are compliant with company policies and procedures. Assist with maintaining and developing strong internal controls Revise/create process narratives and standard operating procedures related to area of responsibility
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in Accounting required,
- 2-3 years financial accounting/general ledger experience, preferably inventory related accounting in hospitality industry
- Able to maintain and reconcile numerous spreadsheets and workbooks and work with large data files and system interfaces. Advanced proficiency in and Word. Access and PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication required
- Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and dynamic environment while managing shifting priorities
- Oracle financials or other ERP experience a plus
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 14th December 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted